Sunday, July 31, 2011

Juicy Lemon Pillowcase Dress for Baby Momo

I have owned a sewing machine, and have created some simple things like curtains for home.  I did make crib bed skirt and a pillow case when I was pregnant and preparing for the arrival of our baby, but never dreamed of making her clothes.  Well that was a year and a half ago.  One day I was searching the web for something I can't even remember what it was now, and came across this site: Prudent Baby
I read through the tutorial for the pillowcase dress, and thought "I think I can do this!"  The tutorial was in details and easy to follow for someone like me who has never sewn a dress before.  So I gave it a try, and here it is...


I found this cute juicy lemon fabric at Jo-Ann.  It is a quilting cotton, so I added linig inside using muslin fabric.  Also I stiched the ribbon to the dress in the middle of the casing, so the ribbon would stay in place and this should prevent choking hazard.   Originally I wanted to add a fabric flower to this dress, but the flower did not come out the way I wanted.  I did not want to waste the fabric I cut for the flower, so I used it to add ruffles on the bottom.  I need more practice making fabric flowers...

After I completed the dress, I realized "I cut the fabric upside-down!!!'  Oh, well, baby Momo does not seem to mind the lemons are upside-down...


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...