The dress is super cute and did not look easy to make at the first glance. But as I read through the tutorials, the instructions made sense to me so I gave it a try. I wanted a pink fabric with bold pattern. I went to Jo-Ann and found the fabric I like it as skirt but not as the top of the dress. So I went to another local fabric store and found gauze fabric in pink. I am very happy with the result!
It looked like somthing was missing, so I added a fabric flower made with the same gauze fabric. This time I followed Prudent Baby's fabric flower tutorial. My fabric was little too thick for this type of flower, but I could not make anything else better, so for now this flower stays there.
Instead of cutting two pieces of fabric for the skirt, I used the entire width of the quilting cotton to make the skirt. I used muslin fabric for the lining. For my 18-month-old, 1/2 yard of fabric was more than enough for the skirt part. Maybe next year, I will use more fabric to make fuller skirt.