I have been wanting to make this dress ever since I saw it here: Smock Tutorial -Sewing for Scarlett
I have made a summer top using this tutorial, but what I really wanted to make was a flannel plaid dress like I saw at the link above. As soon as the 100-degree days of summer was over, I went to Joann and got this fabric. But I did not get to work with it for a few weeks. Finally I made the dress, just in time for the cooler weather!
I learned that 2T measurement in the tutorial was a little too big for Baby Momo while making a summer top, so I made it narrower this time. It fits her great now.
I attached a rosette made with felt. If Momo tries to pull it off, I may replace it with small simple bow or something.
What I learned was that shirring on flannel is more difficult than on quilting cotton. I would have to be really slow and carefully stretch the fabric as I sew lines of shirred stitches.
I am loving red plaid on Baby Momo.