Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Shirred Fall Dress for Baby Momo


I have been wanting to make this dress ever since I saw it here: Smock Tutorial -Sewing for Scarlett

I have made a summer top using this tutorial, but what I really wanted to make was a flannel plaid dress like I saw at the link above.  As soon as the 100-degree days of summer was over, I went to Joann and got this fabric.  But I did not get to work with it for a few weeks. Finally I made the dress, just in time for the cooler weather!



I learned that 2T measurement in the tutorial was a little too big for Baby Momo while making a summer top, so I made it narrower this time.  It fits her great now.  



I attached a rosette made with felt.  If Momo tries to pull it off, I may replace it with small simple bow or something. 

What I learned was that shirring on flannel is more difficult than on quilting cotton.  I would have to be really slow and carefully stretch the fabric as I sew lines of shirred stitches. 




I am loving red plaid on Baby Momo.


4 comments:

  1. ooohh.. the red flannel is so pretty. I love that fabric. Looks cute on her (but what would not look cute on her - she is so cute!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the style of this dress and it looks adorable on her! thanks for following me at sewfantastic! im a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for nice comments!

    Momo helps to make anything I create look decent :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What an adorable dress! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...