Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pumpkin Spice Muffin

A recipe post!
Last week I found a recipe for Pumpkin Spice Latte Cupcake here : A Latte Cupcakes -The Pinterest Project

Wow the cupcakes look so good, I could tell they are yummy without tasting them!
I immediately wanted to try out this recipe, but I was out of coffee.  I also had to make a trip to a store to get heavy cream and coffee extract, but just did not have time.  Since I already had an opened can of pumpkin puree in the fridge, I decided to just make a simple pumpkin muffin, modifying the basic banana muffin recipe while referring to the pumpkin latte cupcake recipe.  I liked how the muffins turned out, so I am listing the recipe here.





Ingredients (makes 12 muffins):
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1  teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 lemon juice
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter -at room temperature
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs -at room temperature
1/8 cup milk -at room temperature
3/4 can pumpkin puree

Directions:
1. Shift flour, baking powder, and salt together.  Set aside.
2. Mix baking soda and lemon juice.  Set aside.
3. Beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs one by one and beat.
4. Add pumpkin and baking soda mixture. 
5. Add spices and 1/2 of flour mixture. Mix. 
6. Add the rest of flour mixture and milk.  Mix. 
7. Bake in preheated oven at 370 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes.

I found pumpkin puree makes very fluffy muffin.   I normally add milk or orange juice when making banana muffins, so I added small amount of milk here but I think it may not have been necessary. 
I did not have full 1 can of pumpkin puree, because I used some of it to make pumpkin spice latte (recipe here: Texas Cottage )  I will need to increase the amount of flour if using full 1 can of pumpkin puree.

I still want to make those pumpkin spice latte cupcakes topped with coffee flavored whipped cream.  I will have to wait till the day I am having people over to our house, because the recipe makes 24 cupcakes and that is a lot of cupcakes to consume for just me and my hubby...









Linking up to those fun parties.
                                                     



3 comments:

  1. yummmy! These sound so delicious!

    Julianne
    www.sewfantastic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound so good! I'm a big fan of pumpkin recipes in the fall. I may have to give them a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! I cannot live through the fall without pumpkin spice latte and pumpkin pies!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...