We always have bananas stocked in our kitchen because they are Baby Momo's favorite. Sometimes I let some of then go ripe, so I can use them for baking. Banana muffins are what I usually bake, often with chocolate chips. But this time I had apples, so I baked Banana Apple Cake.
Ingredients (8x8 Pyrex):
2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp lemon juice
2/3 cup oil
1 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp ground clove
1 large or 2 small ripe bananas, mashed
1 apple, peeled and chopped
1bag (2 1/4 oz) walnut halves and chips
2 tbsp Kahlua or any other coffee liquor
1. Shift flour, baking powder, and salt together. Set aside.
2. Mix baking soda and lemon juice. Set aside.
3. Soak walnut in Kahlua. Set aside.
4. Mix oil and sugar. Add eggs one by one and beat.
5. Add baking soda mixture and spices, mix.
6. Add flour mixture, lightly mix.
7. Add banana, apples, and walnut. Do not over-mix.
8. Bake in preheated oven at 375 degrees F for 60 to 70 minutes. Cover the cake with aluminium foil after the first 30 minutes.
Linking up to those fun parties.