Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Langue de Chat Cookies

Langue de Chat cookies are one of my go-to-cookies recipes.  It is very simple and easy to make, yet quite tasty!  I wanted to bake something for the people who helped me out this week, but time was very limited.  So I baked langue de chat cookies just as I prepared dinner too.



Ingredients (1 cookie sheet):
1 cup all-purpose flour
7 tbsp unsalted butter -at room temperature
1 cup powder sugar
1 egg -at room temperature
(optional) semi-sweet chocolate

Directions:
1. Whip butter. Add powder sugar and mix well.
2. Add egg and mix well.
3. Shift flour and add to the butter mixture.  Switch to spatula and mix.
4. Put the cookie dough in a pastry bag, or a Ziploc bag.  I use sandwich-sized Ziploc and just cut off the bottom corner.
5. Squeeze the dough on the cookie sheet.
7. Bake in preheated oven at 360 degrees F for about 15 minutes.


(Optional) After the cookies are cooled down, coat half of a cookie in melted chocolate if you are chocoholic like me :)


(Optional) Topping the chocolate coating with crashed peppermint candies makes this cookies festive Christmas cookies!










Linking up to those fun parties.
                                                     



4 comments:

  1. I have never heard of these but they sound delicious. They kind of look like Milano cookies. I am a new follower visiting from Someday Crafts. Vicky from Mess For Less

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess you could call them homemade Milano, if you sandwich the chocolate :) They will be softer than store-bought Milano, but I hope you will enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look delicious! Thanks for sharing. Thanks for linking to Things I've Done Thursday!

    Melanie
    www.bearrabbitbear.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delish Annie! Ill have to try them.. I like that you put the dough in baggie and squeeze it out. Awesome idea.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...