Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Santa Purse for Baby Momo

For a couple of weeks I had been debating whether I should make one of those Santa dress for Baby Momo.  I made a Santa shirt for our dog Hachi years ago, and I still have more than enough left over fabric I could use for Momo.  But then Thanksgiving came and it is already December... I decided I am not making Santa dress this year.  I just do not know if I will have enough time to finish it before Christmas, and am not sure how many times Momo will get to wear it.
So instead, I decided to make another purse for Momo.  It is a Santa-inspired Santa Purse!

I wanted something other than just a plain square shape for this purse, so this is what I did:

I gathered the fabric,

and then sewed the fur trimming before sewing the sides.

I sewed black ribbon to the purse handle as decoration and to add a little stiffness.

Cut and sew inner fabric as the same shape, and attached it the outer fabric by sewing the openings together.  I left small opening to turn the purse out, and then hand-stitched to close the opening.  The purse handle is placed between the outer fabric and the inner fabric.

Turn the purse inside out again and sew the bottom corner.

To finish it off,  I hot glued a small bow and pompoms.


I made the purse bigger than any other purses I have made for Momo before.  This purse should hold more toys for her.  After all, shouldn't a Santa purse be filled with toys?? :)









Linking up to those fun parties.
                                                     




8 comments:

  1. What a cute purse! I will need to give this a try. Thanks for sharing.

    Irma :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so unique and beyond cute!! I love it!!Very creative and festive.. Would love for you to please share it via my Pin'Inspirational Thursday linky party please...LOVE it :)) http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/2011/12/pininspirational-thursday-11-linky.html?m=1 thanks so much :)) Wishing you a happy Thursday..~Marilyn <~Your HAPPY newest follower :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO adorable! Thanks for linking to Things I've Done Thursday!

    Melanie
    Sew Rugged @ bear rabbit bear
    bearrabbitbear.blogspotcom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohmigosh that is cute with a capital C!!!!!! Love love love it! We would love it if you would please link up with us for Fun Stuff Fridays.
    http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2011/12/fun-stuff-fridays-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, that is just adorable! I envy your sewing skills.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for sweet comments!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is the cutest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute! I am featuring this at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com. Grab my "featured" button.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...