Monday, February 27, 2012

Wall Hooks for Little Momo's room


I have been hanging my daughter Momo's jackets in the hallway closet in our house.  Of course little Momo cannot reach them by herself.  I wanted the wall hooks at her eye level in her room, so she can hang her jackets and purses on hew own.

I was not initially planning on making the wall hooks.  I went to Hobby Lobby thinking to pick up one from their home decorating section.  But after not finding what I really liked, I noticed the pulls and knobs collection nearby.  Some of them were really pretty, and I thought they could be used to make the wall hooks!  I looked for the shape that can be used to to hang something, and selected those pink ones.

I learned about Mod Podge after I started to read the craft blogs. This is my very first Mod Podge project!
First I was thinking to use Momo's pictures for this project.  But those hooks will go in to Momo's room, so I thought they should have pictures of something Momo likes.  Momo loves animals, especially horses, elephants, and dinosaurs (can I say dinosaurs as "animals"?).   But I could not incorporate dinosaurs with those pretty pink knobs I got...  I searched copyright free images online, and pretty bunny and kitty were easier to find :)



I added pretty hats and necklaces to the kitty and bunny images using Photoshop.  Then I had them printed out in 5x7 sizes.
My hubby cut the scrap wood for me.  He also helped me to attach the knobs, and then to the wall (I think he does not want me to touch his tools...)  I did painting, gluing and sealing the pictures with Mod Podge.



Well they are not the pictures of dinosaurs, but Momo loves them!  Now she can hang and take purses & jackets like a big girl!








Linking up to those fun parties.
                                                     



13 comments:

  1. This is such a cute idea. I would love for you to link up at my Linky Party via: www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so incredibly adorable. I would love for you to share at Bacon Time's weekly anything goes Fri-Monday linky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those hooks are too cute! I am your newest Linky Follower and hope you will follow me back :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So darn cute!! Great idea too!

    Stopping by via the Linky Follower Hop
    http://scatteredmusings.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow...love this idea!! so much prettier!
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are so adorable! Isn't Modge-Podge fun? Following you via GFC. Saw you at The Grant Life. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute. Makes me wish I had a little girl. But these would be great with skulls and crossbones for boys. :-) I'm your newest follower! Stop by and visit me sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How awesome is the bling!! :) So glad that you shared it at Things I've Done Thursday!!

    Melanie
    www.bearrabbitbear.com
    P.S. I launched a great CD giveaway today if you're interested!! http://www.bearrabbitbear.com/2012/03/ummcan-i-get-zumba-dvd-to-this-review.html :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too too cute! Stopping by and following via the Linky Followers Blog Hop at It's So Very Cheri! Would be great to have you stop by, hang out, and follow back! Have a wonderful weekend :)

    ~Nikki
    http://everything-underthemoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet idea! I have a little girl and she would love for me to make this for her to hand her things. Thanks for sharing!

    I'm following you through Linky Followers Blog Hop. Would love to have you follow back! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are sooooo cute. Perfect for a little girl. I'm found you via Linky Followers Blog Hop and am now following you.

    http://www.laurieslittlebitsofcreativity.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Featuring this week at Bacon Time!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...