Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Fabric Tie Bow for Little Momo


I have had a pleasant Easter weekend. I was taking my daughter Momo out here and there, but managed to make some hair accessories for her this weekend.
I used scrap fabric to make some hair bows.  I like to make matching hair accessories after making a dress or a skirt, like this one:



I made this onesie refashioned dress last week.  Momo outgrew this onesie in length, but it was still in a great condition.  So I cut off the bottom and attached a skirt.  The fabric is tutti frutti fabric from JoAnn.  It is not the kind of prints I am usually attracted to, but I thought Momo might like the ladybug print.

This little girl is truly enjoying playing with those plastic eggs, more than wearing the ladybug dress...

Those fabric tied bows are actually knock-offs of those store bought ones:
I bought those at Babies"R"U clearance, but hardly ever use them... 

But the matching hair accessories come in handy.  So here is how to make this simple Tie Bow Hair Accessories:
Cut 2 pieces of  fabric as shown, in the desired size.

Sew them right side facing together, leave small opening in the middle.

Turn inside out from the opening.  Iron and top-stitch along the edge, closing the opening.

 Make a tie.  Sew elastic on the back.


I also made flower clips this weekend.  I wanted something little more "fancier" than those simple bows to wear with the Easter dress.


There is nothing new and original about this design, but a gerbera daisy flower is still cute and perfect for a little girl's hair clip.  This blue color was just the perfect matching color to Momo's Easter dress I had bought.  I like how huge this flower is on Momo's hat.
Those gerbera daisy  flowers are sold everywhere, but I found my large flower at Michael's.  And the shinny buttons I used in the middle of the flowers were found at JoAnn.








Linking up to those fun parties.
                                                     



11 comments:

  1. Such cute hair accessories, Annie and great that they match the outfits. The gerbera on the hat is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really sweet! I'll have to remember this next time I make my granddaughter a skirt or ?? I'm following you from the Wednesday Blog Hop! Hope you'll follow back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Annie

    These are so cute and your little girl is gorgeous - how much fun you must have had on Easter!

    Found you through the Linky Blog Hop and am now your newest follower. Looking forward to seeing what you've created next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it, and the colors are fabulous! I'd love for you to link it up to Crafty Cousins!

    http://crafting-cousins.blogspot.com/2012/04/what-i-wore-sunday-week-11.html

    ~Natalie @ Crafty Cousins

    Holla! We're your newest followers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from the Link It Up Thursday Party! http://kingofsaving.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey it's Cheri from Its So Very Cheri--stopping by from the Linky Party Hop. Thanks so much for joining in. I really enjoy getting to know new bloggers. I try to comment back to as many as I can because I really would love to sit around sipping on a lemonade and enjoying chatting in person. I am following you and would love to have you following me as well.

    Aren't girls so fun to dress. I hope you have a fabulous week.

    Don't forget in addition to the Wed party HOP I also have a Sunday party--Its Party Time and I feature quite a few bloggers on Saturdays. http://itssoverycheri.com/2012/04/08/its-party-time-4-8-2012/

    Please share the Linky Party Hop on facebook to help spread the word.

    xo--your follower,
    Cheri from Its So Very Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! Thanks for linking to Things I've Done Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great restyled onsie! And how cute are your hair accessories. Momo is so pretty in her Easter bonnet and pretty blue dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for commenting on my post. You're daughters hair accessories turned out so perfect. She looks like a model with them on. Great Job!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute!! I love the flower on the hat. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Link It Up Thursday.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...