Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Refashioned T-shirt Dress for Little Momo


I have several sewing projects I want to work on.  There are cute dresses and skirts tutorials I have pinned, and also there are some patterns I have bought and been sitting on my desk for months.  So I decided to clear easy & quick projects first, and this T-shirt refashioned dress was one of them.



I bought this woman's size pink T-shirt for less than $3 a while ago.  I just thought the light pink was perfect color for a little girl's dress.  I did a T-shirt refashion dress for Momo last year and loved it, but later ended up ruining the dress...so I have been meaning to make one again.  

I bought size XS, thinking I could probably use the existing neckline as-is with a little lace cover-up at the V line.   Using one of Momo's dresses as a guide I have cut and sewed the T-shirt into a dress.  When I tried it on Momo, I found that the V-neck was a little too deep for my little girl.  It was obvious the little cover-up I was planning to add was not going to make the dress look better.  So I had to take the dress apart and take in at the shoulders. Then I added the white fabric I got from my old T-shirt to the bottom of the dress, since the dress was now too short.  This supposed-to-be easy and quick project took just a little longer than I expected. 


I had just enough fabric leftover to add ruffles on the bottom and ruffle flowers on the dress and the headband.



I bought the same T-shirt (but not in XS) for myself, so I can enjoy the matching look with my daughter ;)  


The bluebonnet season is almost over.  Despite the last year's drought, we got to see beautiful flowers this year.  Thank you spring rain!  Mother nature is simply amazing :)








Linking up to those fun parties.
                                                     



14 comments:

  1. Such a sweet little dress! The white band at the bottom and the pink ruffles are just perfect!!! Beautiful photography!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw the pic's I knew you were in Texas. I so love the bluebonnets and taking pictures of little Momo in the bluebonnets was perfect! So clever to refashion items, I love the little dress. I wished I sewed better, I might try something like that for my granddaughters. I found you on the It's So Very Cheri Blog Hop and am glad I did. I am following you and would love a follow back.

    Evelyn @
    http://myturn-evelyn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie this is darling and your model is such a cutie pie! Thank you for sharing Hugs!! ( following via linky)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a really cute color on your little girl. Cute refashion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great dress! I live in Texas too and agree the Bluebonnets are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I'm so loving it!! Thanks for sharing... will be pinning it:D

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, I love this!!! I found you from The Grant Life link party. I'd love if you linked up at my first ever Tutorial Tuesday at Our Thrifty Ideas http://www.ourthriftyideas.com/2012/03/tutorial-tuesday-new-weekly-feature.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am going to be featuring you tomorrow morning on Blissful and Domestic. Stop by and grab a button.

    Danielle
    www.blissfulanddomestic.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hiya babe, I featured you on my blog today. Would love for you to go and check it out and grab a button :)

    http://mammymade.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/mint-stuff-ive-seen-11.html

    - Adele @ Mammy Made

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally adorable! I am now following you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable!! I can't wait to try this. I am trying to think if I have an old t-shirt I could use for my daughter. What a great summer dress. I am totally pinning this so I can come back when I have a shirt. Thanks for sharing with us at Link It UP Thursday.;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey girl! I am featuring your dress tomorrow at our party. I just LOVE it! Stop by and grab a button if you would like.:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww.. what a sweet dress! I love the ruffles :) And its too cute that yall match! Love it!

    Thanks for linking up last week. Im sharing this on my facebook and twitter, so make sure to grab a featured button tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Images are really impressive. I think images play important part in blogs. That’s what making this post more attractive and interesting.
    Custom Tshirts

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...