Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Fruity Cream Cheese Dessert

A recipe post!

During summer time, I definitely bake less often.  Even though I stay inside the AC-cooled house, I just do not feel like baking when it is so hot outside.  This is a non-bake cheesecake I have been making for years.  I used to make this whenever I have leftover heavy cream that needed to be used up.  But lately I am making this more often because Momo likes this dessert.  I do not give chocolates and candies to my little girl, and she is not into cakes I bake.  But she is a cheese-lover and she likes this dessert.  
I experimented few tries to make this without heavy cream, to cut unnecessary fat and cost.  And now I think I like this new recipe even better.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup Water 
7g (1 packet) Gelatin 
1  8oz Cream Cheese 
1/3 cup Yogurt 
1/4 cup Sugar 
1/3 cup Milk 
1/2 tbs Lemon Juice 
1 tbs Honey 
Choice of Fruits -I normally use half of 12 -16 oz bag of frozen fruits

Directions:
1. Soften gelatin in water,  stir over low heat until completely dissolved.
2. Mix all ingredients in a blender.
3. Pour the mixture into a glass, cake pan, etc of your choice.
4. Refrigerate for 1 hour or more, until firm.


My favorite fruits to use are mango and blueberries.  My hubby and Momo like strawberries.  

As long as I keep frozen fruits and cream cheese in stock, I can make this dessert anytime I want.  All I need to do is mix everything in a blender, so it takes less than 5 minutes to make (not counting refrigeration time).


Note: Fresh tropical fruits do not work with gelatin.  I have not had problems with frozen mango, but canned or cooked tropical fruits should work if your mixture does not get firm.  








Linking up to those fun parties.
                                                     



9 comments:

  1. Wow that looks delicious! Definitely my favorite kind of dessert. The pictures are beautiful too. I would love it if you would stop by and share at Lines Across.
    http://linesacrossmyface.blogspot.com/2012/05/cure-for-common-monday-39.html
    I hope to see you soon,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy. I am hosting my 3rd blog hop and would love you to link up. Have a wonderful afternoon. Diane @ MamalDiane.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also a new linky follower

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look delish. I hope you'll stop by and add this and any other posts you're proud of to my Wednesday What We Wore and Made Link party

    marissa
    http://raegunwear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love that you put this in the blender. Sounds super easy and looks delicious. Thanks for sharing at our party this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to make this! It looks so creamy and delicious...Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. how yummy! Thanks for linking to Things I've Done Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so great and I love that you can make it ahead! YUM! Thanks for sharing and I am a new follower!
    I hope you have a great week!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks so yummy...thanks for linking up to Creative Mondays :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...