Monday, May 7, 2012

More Pillowcase Dresses


I bought some cute fabrics online, and while I wait for my order to arrive, I thought I should go through my stash fabrics and make some space for the new ones.  I wanted to make more pillowcase dresses for Dress a Girl project, so I looked for dark colored fabric that are not see-through, so that I would not have to add lining.  



I did not have any more bias tapes.  So instead of buying more bias tapes, I followed this tip to use the grosgrain ribbon.  I love this idea...I found it easier to sew straight line on ribbon than on a bias tape.  And I can get enough ribbons for 2 dresses from one spool of ribbon, while 1 pack of bias tape only have enough for 1 dress.  The ribbon leftover can be used for many other projects, while I really have not found a use for short leftover bias tapes.  Besides, I think the dresses look pretty with ribbons.

I thought about adding fabric flower or bows or something, but decided not to because they may not hold up well.

I think those dresses are good use of the fabric, since I did not have any particular plans for them.  I got to practice my sewing, and I think I can make pillowcase dresses a little quicker next time :)








Linking up to those fun parties.
                                                     



3 comments:

  1. Two gorgeous, little dresses, Annie!!! I especially like the green one with the brown band... the two fabrics look so good together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project - thinking that I need to make my little ladies a few new dresses for this summer.
    ~Amy @ Permanent Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these....I wish I had kids!! But I settle for making dresses for my nieces, lol!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...