Tuesday, May 29, 2012

W Gauze Itty Bitty Top for Little Momo


The summer is here, and it it the season for one of my favorite dress pattern :)  This is Itty Bitty Baby Dress Pattern from Made by Rae.  I made 2 dresses and 1 top using this pattern last summer.  The dresses still can be worn this year, but the top I made last year is too small for Momo this year.  What a perfect excuse to make a new one :)

I used 3T size pattern available here this time.  I made the bodice and the skirt shorter than the original, to make this as a top rather than a dress.



The fabric I used is a reversible double gauze fabric.  I was thinking about making the dress when I bought the fabric, but now I think I like this as a top.  I love the fabric...it is soft and smooth, feels good to the skin.  I think Momo is comfortable wearing this top too.



This is a thin fabric that is a bit see-through.  I probably did not need double layers for the skirt part, if I had used a larger piece and gathered the fabric more.   But I wanted to take the advantage of the reversible fabric and have the solid side shown a little.
 With one of her best friends, Violet...

Taking her friend for a ride...

The fabric frays a lot, so while assembling them I decided to sandwich the skirt part between the bodice front and lining fabric.  I should have thought about this earlier, because I had to rip the already-sewn bodice a little to make the opening, and it is not fun to use the ripper on a delicate fabric :(

Though it is easy to get wrinkled, I love double gauze fabric.  I have bought more double gauze fabric, now just thinking what I should make them into...







Linking up to those fun parties.
                                                     



13 comments:

  1. She is soooo adorable!! I love the dress too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet, beautiful dress and pictures,thanks for linking up to Creative Mondays :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an adorable top, Annie!!! I love everything about it: the colour, the style, the little underskirt!!! I have never heard of double gauze fabric. I'll have to investigate...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well it is supremely adorable and turned out great as a top. Thanks for sharing at our party this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet little dress - and your model is adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet and adorable top and model!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely. It looks like it fits perfectly. Thanks for linking to Things I've Done Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Annie, I've featured your Itty Bitty top today...
    http://threadingmyway.blogspot.com/2012/06/threading-your-way-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a cute dress, thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet gorgeous and pretty dress. Momo's adorable.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...