Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Bubble Top for Little Momo


This has been a summer of sewing for me.  I am just so into making clothes for my daughter right now.  Since I did not make a dress last week, I had to make something this past weekend even if that meant one sleepless night for me (because I am really slow at sewing...)

Halter top and bubble skirt are two things I have been wanting to try for some time now.  I found a pattern that combine those two in one!   It is McCall's M6271.


I was planning to make a dress (view B), but I changed my mind while cutting out the fabric.  My daughter always wears a diaper cover or leggins under the dress anyway, so I decided to make a top with shorts (view A).
After trying out one of the McCall's patterns and finding that patterns run big (post here), I was more careful this time.  I compared the pattern pieces to Momo's store-bought dress, and was surprised the pieces were just about the right size.  I made the bodice a little shorter, but I think that was not necessary.



Yellow and gray color combination does not look as fresh as used to.  I bought those fabrics a while ago, with an intention of making tiered ruffle skirt.   I never got around to make the skirt, and I kind of lost the interest.   Those fabrics have been sitting on my table for months, so I used them to try out this pattern.


This top fits great on Momo, and I love the bubble shape.  The pattern is not too large at all.  If Momo wants to wear this next year, I will have to replace the elastics in the back and make it loose.  The only thing I think need the change is that the shoulder straps should be a little shorter. 


 Overall I like this pattern. Next time I think I will make a dress.






Linking up to those fun parties.
                                                     



16 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful dress Thanks for linking up to Creative Mondays:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Annie this is adorable, especially the shorts underneath it. Thanks for linking up at Frugal Treasures Tuesday.
    Barbe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello dear Annie, this came out beautifully!
    thanks for visiting my blog and for leaving such a lovely comment on my dress refashion. got me to visit you. i like it here!
    am following you now with google friend connect and would be honored if you would like to follow back, but no hard feelings if not :-)
    hugs
    jutta

    ReplyDelete
  4. The google friend connect didn't work, so am following you now with linky :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous, Annie!!! I love the fabric!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute and beautiful:-) Thanks for stopping by:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a gorgeous, cheerful dress! Well done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute outfit! Love your fabric choices :) www.ourhomespunhaven.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for sharing with us on Someday Crafts today! We will be featuring your project tonight on our blog. Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness! This is absolutely adorable! I love the fabric and the style. I hope you will consider linking this up tomorrow {Friday} to my Pinworthy Projects Party.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable! I am in love w/ yellow and gray lately.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to say that is just soooo cute! I used to make all my daughter's clothes when she was little, which she isn't anymore...makes me very nostalgic. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your daughter is adorable! You did such a beautiful job on her outfit. I love your fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, I love this little dress also. I am always amazed how perfect your creations come out but I do believe your choice of the model helps ever so much. Yes, she is adorable!

    I was just hopping over to let you know I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award and all the details are over at my place:)
    See you there:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...