Monday, July 2, 2012

Flower Hair Accessories for Little Momo


I did not sew a dress for Momo this weekend...because I had other things to do, like sewing a new curtain because Momo ripped the old one beyond repair :(  But I used Momo's nap time to make some flower hair accessories.
Those are the same flowers I made last year in this post.  I made them smaller this time, because I am not worried about Momo swallowing them as much as I used to (but I do still watch her).


They are actually knock-offs of the store-bought hair accessories.  Here are the originals.
They are Japanese plum flower hair accessories.

They are staffed yo-yos shaped into flowers.  That may be enough to explain how to make them, but I am documenting here just for fun.

Cut the fabric in circle.

Sew along the edge,

Fill with poly-fill and close the opening.

Turn over and shape it into a flower, by wrapping the thread around from the center.  Depending on how much poly-fill is used, the second round of wrapping the thread may be necessary for puffy flower.

Add embellishment of your choice to the center of the flower.  When I made the larger flowers last year, I used small pom-poms.  This time I am using small beads.  

When attaching to elastics, sew the elastic to the flower and then glue a small piece of felt over it.

I love those flower accessories made with Japanese fabrics, but those flowers can be cute with any fabrics.  I made all those flowers with leftover scraps from my projects.  

The blue flower was made with a circle 2 inch in diameter.
The pink one was made with a circle 2 3/4 inch in diameter.








Linking up to those fun parties.
                                                     



10 comments:

  1. great! your girl is soooo sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are SO pretty, Annie and they look easy to do. Thanks for sharing how you made them...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable...little Momo and the hair accessories! Great tutorial too. If you're looking for another place to share your creative projects, stop by Etcetorize. Would love to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great and your daughter is so sweet,thanks for joining us at Creative Mondays :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Featuring on Thursday at Bacon Time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are adorable! Great tutorial, too. I'm pinning these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are cute! Love what you did with simple yo-yos! Thanks for linking up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww those are adorable! So is your daughter!
    I'd like to invite you to join in A Crafter's Dream Group Giveaway, hosted by My Merry Messy Life, Little Becky Homecky, and me. Each blogger is offering her/his own giveaway worth $25 or more. Please stop by and check out the details!
    http://earning-my-cape.blogspot.com/2012/07/crafters-dream-join-our-group-giveaway.html
    I hope to see you there!
    ~Susie~

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...