Monday, September 24, 2012

Fall Little Birdie Peasant Dress for Little Momo


I bought this orange bird print in fat quarters last year.  I did more fabric shopping than I ever meant to do this year, so I am trying to use up some of my stash fabrics.  After taking the ruffle dress challenge, I wanted to make something quick and simple.  And peasant dress is becoming my go-to-kind of dress now.

I used Marilyn's Slim Fit Peasant Dress pattern from Create Kids Couture.  This tutorial is well-written, I think this must be one of the best dress tutorials out there.


For my daughter Momo, I made the dress just a little narrower than the pattern required.  Also I cut the neckline elastic a little shorter for better fit, and I cut arm elastics a little longer for loose fit.  Peasant dress is so easy to adjust!


I like the birds and ginko leaves print.  It is pretty and perfect for fall dress.  But I could not find good coordinating fabric from my stash, so I went to Jo-Ann and bought this green leave print.  I tried to use up my stash, and ended up buying more new fabric... ;)



Momo was so happy, she showed me some new dance moves :)


 Thinking this dress as a fall dress, I thought about making long sleeve dress.  But glad I did not...it may be officially fall now, but we still had temperatures above 90 this weekend.







Linking up to those fun parties.
                                                     



9 comments:

  1. you made a beautiful dress!
    but, when I think of that, all your dresses are beautiful ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you know, I love the pattern you have used, Annie. Gorgeous fabric choices that look so good together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great, and inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful little dress! The print mix is very clever and the model oh-so-sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful dress thank you for linking up with us at Creative Monday's :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Annie, it's so pretty! And, she's pointing her toe!! So cute. Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  7. aw Little momo is so cute in her dress! Beautiful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is great that you were able to make this beautiful dress for Momo! She is so cute and clearly loves her new dress. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a rather narrow little one, this dress maybe perfect for her. Thanks for sharing I love your fabric choices. Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...