Sunday, October 14, 2012

Let's Go Rockets! Dress for Little Momo


We do not watch Football or Baseball...Basketball is the game to watch in our house.   Texas has 3 champion teams, but Houston being the nearest city to where we live, naturally we are cheering for Houston Rockets.  I have not been to the games for about 3 years now.  But I think Momo is now old enough to handle the loud crowd, we are hoping to take her to the games.


We don't know when we would get the tickets to the games.  Sometimes we get them on the day of the game.  So I wanted to get Momo a Rockets T-shirt before the season starts.  But there are not many selections for toddlers.  I did not like what I could find out there, so I was actually thinking about making a red dress and putting on Rockets iron-on logo or something.    

Then I got this Rockets T-shirt from a friend.  It was an adult size XL, it was way too big even for me to wear.  But this was meant to be refashioned into Momo's dress!

I prefer using women's T-shirts when re-purposing for Momo's dresses, because women's T-shirts uses softer knit with spandex.  I just think it is more comfortable.  But I could not complain about this FREE shirt!  This T-shirt had the words "IT'S TIME" written very close to the Rockets logo, and I could not cut them out.  So I decided to make a simple A-line dress out of it.  I traced Momo's store-bought A-line dress to make this.

I added 2 rows or tulle ruffles to add puffiness.

Momo is learning some new dance moves...



I made pom-poms using curling ribbons.  It took me some time to use up the entire roll (500yds) of ribbons, but Momo does not like them... I guess it is because those ribbons make her arms itchy when shaking them. Oh, well.  So don't worry Rockets Power Dancers...this little girl is not going after your jobs ;)

And just after finishing this dress, we got the tickets to the pre-season game!! Pre-season game should not be too crowded, so it is perfect for Momo's first Rockets game.  I hope she will enjoy!








Linking up to those fun parties.
                                                     



9 comments:

  1. Fabulous refashion, Annie! This t-shirt looks SO much better as a dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that dress and Momo looks so cute dancing in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Annie,
    you have a blog award waiting for you at my blog!
    http://carpe-diem-anamb.blogspot.com/2012/10/blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super cute dress! She definitely looks like she loves it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful dress, such s great idea...thanks for linking it up to Creative Monday's ....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Annie, I've featured your Rockets dress today...
    http://threadingmyway.blogspot.com/2012/10/threading-your-way-features_20.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!! What a great refashion.

    Awesome job Annie! Hi, Momo!! She is always looking cute in her dresses.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...