Monday, October 1, 2012

Pumpkin Peasant Dress for Little Momo


Last year I made a pillowcase dress with pumpkin face on it.  Since it is a pillowcase dress, my daughter can still wear it this year and probably for few more years as a top.  So I was not planning on making another pumpkin face dress...but I had this orange and green print fabric that somehow screamed "Halloween!" to me.  I got coordinating orange fabric and made another peasant dress.
Again I used Marilyn's Slim Fit Peasant Dress pattern from Create Kids Couture.  This time I made the dress just a bit shorter and wider, to make it look more like a pumpkin.


My Little Pumpkin... 


  
 Momo likes her new dress and enjoys being a pumpkin princess.  I am happy with the dress, and it was cheap to make too...I got the orange and green fabric for $2/yard, and orange fabric in fat quarters from Jo-Ann.  I already had Wonder-Under, and  I used leftover black cotton for the face applique.


I cannot wait to take Momo to a pumpkin patch wearing this dress...  She saw pumpkins at the stores and has been asking to see more. I actually was planning to go to one this weekend, but rain changed our plans.  Hoping we will have good weather on weekends in October, because I plan to go more than once :)

But this weekend Momo did get her pumpkin...we found this cute little guy at a Target.  At Starbucks I got my first pumpkin spice latter for this season.   We were both very happy :)







Linking up to those fun parties.
                                                     



20 comments:

  1. oh, this is soooo lovely! great!
    ana

    ReplyDelete
  2. The peasant dress is so versatile!!! Love the pumpkin applique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect dress for this time of year. I love the different fabrics too. What a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the prints! This is just too cute, as a kid I think I would want to wear it everyday. If you get a chance I would love for you to come link up at our Halloween Edition Pin Party.

    http://sarahdawndesigns.blogspot.com/2012/10/pintastic-monday-halloween-edition.html#.UGnL4K4-WnA

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this dress... It makes the Pumpkin Princess even cuter!! Sweet Momo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great dress,so sweet :)thanks for linking up with us at Creative Mondays ....

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely adorable! I just made a Candy Corn dress for my daugther, which I'll post about on Friday at thedomesticatedprincess.blogspot.com, but I'm thinking I will need to make one of these too. Thanks for sharing. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I love that dress! (And the model's pretty adorable, too!) My weekly linky party--One Creative Weekend--has gone spooky this week in honor of my thirteenth party. If you haven’t already, I hope you’ll visit "One Creative Weekend" on OneCreativeMommy.com (open every Fri-Wed) and link up this idea and anything else you’d like to share. (You can include non-Halloween posts as well, but feel free to link up as many Halloween-themed posts as you like.) There are two categories—one for Halloween and one for everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! I would love for you to share this on my Linky Party Blog Stalking Thursday. http://www.theartsygirlconnection.com/2012/10/pininspirational-thursday-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, my goodness-this dress is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is adorable!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute little dress and an adorable little lady you have!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such an adorable dress.

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute! Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it! And the fabric is so happy!
    http://sewtlc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. That dress is just way too cute! And so is your model :) That is the perfect dress for the pumpkin patch! Love your pictures too. I would absolutely love if you shared this at my Throwback Thursday party :) I hope to see you there and thanks for sharing! http://www.hubbymademe.com/throwback-thursday-no-15/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Precious! Found you through the Threading My Way link!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It looks so cute on such an adorable little model. :) I'm visiting from your link at Tea Rose Home.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...