Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Updated Autumn Fairy Dress for Little Momo


I love the Renaissance Festival.   My hubby and I have been going to the festival every year, and  that continues now with our daughter Momo.  I dressed up Momo as an Autumn fairy last year, and she was adorable.  This year I just did not have enough time to come up with something new, so I brought out the Autumn fairy dress that was worn last year only once, and updated it.



 The dress is made of strips of tulle, tied to the elastic loop.  The dress was too short this year, so I simply added longer tulle strips to the dress.  I did not remove the shorter ones, making the dress really fluffy.  Momo is basically a giant walking ball of tulle :)


Momo loved dressing up this year, which made me very happy :)  Last year she did not like the wings or the flower crowns...

The wings are store-bought.  I made the new flower clip for the dress and the flower crowns.  I liked the flower crown I made last year, but I wanted the matching flower crown for myself this year.  So I went to Michael's for fall flowers...only to find the store is already filled with Christmas flowers :(   But I was able to find 2 fall flower stems, and when I brought them to the register, to my surprise they were penny each! And even more surprising, the cashier said they don't really charge penny, rather they were FREE!  I did not know the leftovers from leftovers eventually become free at Michael's!  Adding more flowers I already had at home, I was able to make 2 flower crowns for free!


This giant walking-ball-of-tulle got so much attention at the Renaissance Festival.  Everyone commented how pretty Momo was.  Some people asked to take her photos, which scared her a little.  But she enjoyed the festival, especially people-watching.  Momo thought everyone wearing the long dresses were princesses, so she met a lot of "princesses" at the festival ;)


It is not Halloween, but this is one place I can wear costumes without feeling wired!  I wanted Mommy-and-Me look, but I was not going to make a tulle dress for myself.  Rather, I settled for the flower crown and the store-bought Halloween leftover wings :)


I have been enjoying the lovely fall weather.  But now I think we are ready for Christmas!







Linking up to those fun parties.
                                                     



10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful fairy dress and I love the Autumn theme!
    Thank-you for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment!
    Happy to be a follower now!
    Lisa
    lisastuf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of you look wonderful, so festive! Great memories, I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not surprised that Momo created a sensation at the festival. Her costume was beautiful! You did a wonderful job on the costumes. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is SO SWEET! I LOVE the look of the tulle dresses, yours is beautiful! I made a Cinderella one for my youngest this year ;-) I loved going to the Renaissance Festivals, such a fun tradition to carry on with your little one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's so pretty!
    I bet she FEELS like a fairy... :)

    hugs x
    Crystelle
    http://www.crystelleboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful outfit, I'm sure your daughter felt like a princess wearing it! Great job, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! Way to go on the free flowers! It's so hard when you aren't right on top of it -They are already clearancing some of the christmas stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Annie, I’m Anne from Life on the Funny Farm (http://annesfunnyfarm.blogspot.com), and I’m visiting from Make It Pretty Monday.

    What a darling outfit! So sweet. Very well done!

    Anyway, thanks for posting this. If you’ve never visited yet, I hope you can pop by my blog sometime to say hi…

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful dress,you both look wonderful.Thanks for linking up with us at Creative Mondays :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable! The dress is awesome and little Momo always makes me smile! :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...