Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Blue and White Holiday Dress for Little Momo



I had the idea of blue and white holiday dress since last Holiday season.  I don't normally shop at the malls, but one day before Christmas I was walking around the mall, and a blue and white dress for little girls caught my eyes. I did not get to make it last year, since I was busy and I already had another store-bought Holiday dress for Momo.  But this year Momo needed a new Holiday dress, so here it is.

The original dress I saw was sleeveless design.  And I think it had more tiers of ruffles.  I tried to search the image to refresh my memory, but since it being last year's dress, I could not find it.  I was going to make mine sleeveless too, but then I decided to add the sleeves.  It is after all, winter even in Texas.

To make the tiers of ruffles, I referred to this tutorial: Tiered Ruffle Dress -Un Petit Design


The store dress was made of velour kind of fabric.  I went to Jo-Ann, and saw velour knit in the colors I wanted. I usually like knit fabric, but this one gave me major headache.... the edge kept rolling up, and the fabric moved around when right side were faced together.  And this fabric is kind of heavy, making the dress a lot heavier than I expected.    I did not realize that until I put them all together.

I let Momo test-drive the dress...I thought I may have to take off the 3rd row of the ruffles to make the dress lighter, but Momo did not have problems running around and climbing up and down the stairs in it.  I guess I will keep it as-is, unless Momo complains.

Before attaching the sash, I had a simple blue satin ribbon attached to the dress.  I thought the dress just needed a small ribbon, since it already had so much volume.  But then I realized a much bigger sash  would tie the dress better.

Awww, much better, I think.

Momo tried to stash the candy in her sash... I guess a large pocket is needed for this girl's Holiday dress...





                       homework  Our Delightful Home     Photobucket          the Grant life Photobucket       Freedom Fridays   OneCreativeMommy.com


Party at project run and play

7 comments:

  1. great colors and design! she definitly needs some pockets haha :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dress is adorable and so is your daughter. I have a link party called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop and would love to have you share this with everyone. It runs from Wednesday through midnight Sunday. Here is the link to the party.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/12/6-crafts-and-recipes-and-wednesdays.html
    Debi @ Adorned From Above

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie, it is beautiful and little Momo is as cute as ever. Thank you for sharing. You will be one of the features at Make it Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House. Hope to see you at the bash! Happy New Year! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing at Wednesday's Adorned From Above Blog Hop. Today’s party is live. Here is the link.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2013/01/week-in-review-and-wednesdays-adorned.html
    Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how she's tried to stash the candy in her beautiful dress, Annie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice dress, so cute girl, aha, it's really great. Lovely xoxo
    www.vicky52578/blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...