Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Flannel Nightgown for Little Momo


I know I said "Nightgown" in the title.  But I did not mean to make a nightgown.  I wanted a daytime dress, but I used a flannel fabric and the dress looks like a nightgown.  I could not take Momo outside wearing it, so now it is a nightgown.  



I used Mccall's pattern M6388. This is view C dress, without the halfway ruffle and the sleeve bindings.  I used elastics for the sleeves, because they are more practical.  
I actually did a practice run and made a top first. The size 3T turned out way too big for my daughter, though the lengthwise it was shorter than I liked.  So when I made this dress, I used size 2T and cut the bodice narrower and longer.  The sleeves were too long, so I shortened them.  I also made the sleeves narrow, but I made them too narrow, causing them to lose the cute big sleeve look :(    


I saw many cute flannel prints at Jo-Ann, and thought they should not be just limited to blankets and pajamas.   But this print in this dress design screams "nightgown."    Momo and I bought this fabric together.  I chose many prints at the store, but Momo only liked two of them, and this one was her favorite (because it is pink...).    Momo even bragged other Jo-Ann shopper that she chose this print (technically, I chose it and Momo approved it...)


I added ric-rac and bright buttons, hoping they will make the dress look less like a pajama, but they did not help...

At least the dress may look cute in the Christmas pictures?


Momo ate a candy for the first time.  It was a candy cane she got from Santa.  She did not try to eat Halloween candies, but this one she really wanted to eat it.  So I let her have a little.  I think she enjoyed eating the candy more than the candy itself. 







Linking up to those fun parties.
                                                     



6 comments:

  1. this is beautiful! i loove it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's adorable! She is too cute modeling her nightgown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I need to make one of these for my daughter! I'd love to have you stop by my weekly link party and link this up. http://thelifeofjenniferdawn.blogspot.com/2012/12/a-little-bird-told-me-link-party-20.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's cute and you could totally let her wear it outside. If she had those leggings under it and some shoes she definitely wouldn't look like she was wearing pajamas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great dress :) ooh love your tree and all the presents too.Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Mondays ...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...