Monday, December 24, 2012

Pink Fleece Coat for Little Momo


Even in Texas, there are cold days in winter.   Momo needed a new jacket that is large enough for her to wear on top of bulky sweater or sweatshirt.
I got this fleece fabric from Jo-Ann remnant bin last winter, thinking this would make a cute poncho.  But after feeling a cold breeze this winter, I thought jacket or coat would be more practical.  Luckily I had enough fabric to make a size 3T coat.


I used the McCall's pattern M6641 that says "EASY."  The instructions were fairly simple, but I did not understand what to do with the front-facings.  I could not even tell if the illustration was correct or not.    So I kind of ignored the instruction on that step.
But the worst part of this coat was not the front-facing...it was the button holes.  I guess I did not trim the seams enough, so the edges are too bulky to feed though the sewing machine, causing the button hole stitches to not work.  I had to manually sew zigzag stitches on top of the failed button hole stitches  and they look horrible...I feel like I ruined the coat at the very last step :(   Momo can still wear it though...as long as the buttons are closed, hiding the ugly button holes.


It is just about the size I wanted for Momo, though I wish I had made it a little longer.  The sleeves are always too long for little Momo, so I did made the sleeves shorter.   But I did not make them too short, because she may wear the coat next winter.

Here the sleeves are folded to fit her better now. 


Momo enjoyed the night out in town, watching the Holiday lights...


But I might win "Bad-Mommy" award for not putting her in bed early enough ;)



Merry Christmas, everyone.


                       homework  Our Delightful Home   Adorned From Above     Photobucket          the Grant life Photobucket       Freedom Fridays   OneCreativeMommy.com

9 comments:

  1. I don't think that is possible that you earn a Bad Mom award, not with all these great stuff that you make for your child :D
    Happy holidays to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annie, what an adorable little coat. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, this coat is simply adorable! I love it!! I've been thinking about making a coat for awhile, but it seems so daunting. I really like how yours turned out! Maybe I will work up the courage to give one a try. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that fabric and your model is just adorable! I have not mastered button holes yet! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lovely, I'm your new follower from Blog Hop.
    Love your awesome blog. Feel free to check out & follow my blog @ www.revampspunkyrena.com
    xoxo
    Rena

    ReplyDelete
  6. That coat is precious!! I love those large polk-a-dots and the button holes look fine in all the pictures! :)
    Jenn
    Seamingly Smitten Sewing Patterns
    www.seaminglysmitten.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Hi Annie, I've featured your pink fleece coat today...
      http://threadingmyway.blogspot.com/2012/12/threading-your-way-features_29.html

      Delete
  8. What a cute coat! Thanks for linking up this past week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...