Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Fleece Tunic Dress for Little Momo


This winter I bought a pair of fleece pajama pants for myself, and learned how comfortable and warm fleece pants were.  I wanted to share my new favorites with my daughter, so I went to fleece fabric shopping.
At Jo-Ann, I found this adorable birds fleece on sale.    But when I got home, the fabric was so cute, I had to make it into a dress instead of pants.


I wanted a simple dress to show off the prints, so I traced Momo's A-line dress to create the pattern.  I used yellow knit fabric I had in my stash to create the bias tapes for trimming.  The knit fabric was so stretchy, I did not even cut it in bias to make the bias tape.  

I used a big yellow button in the back. The best step-by-step instruction on the button closure can be found here

I made the dress big enough for Momo to wear it the next winter, since I do not know how many more times she gets to wear it this winter.  Sure we may still have some cold days, but it is getting so warm out there.   This past weekend I saw people walking around in camisoles and shorts at the zoo.  It was not quite warm enough for me to bring out the shorts, but I guess people could not wait for the Spring...

Momo liked putting her hand in the pocket.  I thought about making a kind of pocket that you can put both hands from the sides,  but ended up with this one because this will actually hold things, and I do not want her walking around with her hands in the pockets.

Momo got so tired of me keep snapping her pictures, she tried to take pictures of me.  But she did not have her camera, so she held up her donut and pretended to take the pictures...she even made me smile and pose for her.  She is very demanding ;)

This fabric would have made cute pants too, but I am glad I made it into a dress.  The pants will have to wait...


                 homework  Our Delightful Home          Photobucket          the Grant life        Freedom Fridays    

9 comments:

  1. Adorable! Thanks for sharing at Pinworthy Projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Cute! Totally adding this to my to-make list! Found you via JustUsFourBlog.com. :) xo - Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. This fabric looks gorgeous as a dress, Annie. The yellow trim is perfect and the pockets are a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet, I bet its lovely and warm too :) Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Mondays...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! I love it! It came out so beautifully! Now I want to make one too. :)
    PS: I always make things a little big too... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! It looks great on her. Thank you for sharing this at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...