Saturday, January 5, 2013

Owl Jumper for Little Momo


This is another project I have had in my mind since last winter...I bought the fabric, washed it, and left it untouched for a year.  I had to make this jumper dress, before Momo grows too big for the amount of the fabric I got, or too old to wear the cute owl print ;)



 I got this corduroy fabric at Jo-Ann, my usual go-to-store for the fabrics.   At first glance I thought it was cat print.  Then I looked at it closely and realized they were owls.  I was not a big fan of owls at that time, but I liked this cat-look-like owls.  I am glad I got this fabric when I saw it, because I no longer can find it at the store.

I used McCall's M6154 that I got during a sale for like $1.  I do not like the dress being too short, so I added 2 inches in length.  

 Size 2T was good enough for little Momo.  I looked at the pattern pieces and thought the size was just about right, but I was wrong.   The dress fits and looks okay in the back, but there are too much gap in chest area in the front.  I actually had to take in a little more than 1 inch in the front yoke, after the dress was completed.  Thus, there is a piece of ribbon sewed on to hide the stitches.  I am tempted to attach a bow or something on top of it, but thinking that would not look good with this busy print fabric.   

The dress has 2 large pockets.  They are good for stuffing toys, cards, etc...

Momo got this little Dumbo from Santa.  She loves him...She thinks Dumbo is so cute, and so do I.  I like Disney's plush toys because they are well-built, and this is one of the best for its adorableness.

Hope everyone had great holidays...



                 homework  Our Delightful Home          Photobucket          the Grant life        Freedom Fridays    

6 comments:

  1. Great dress, wonderful owl pattern :) thanks for linking up with us at Creative Mondays...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again for linking up, featuring this week :)

      Delete
  2. Love the owls! You've done an amazing job yet again! And, she is a doll. Thank you for sharing this at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet little girl to sew for. Reminds me of days gone by. I am a new follower. Would love to have you pay me a visit and follow too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...