Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Wild Hearts Bubble Dress for Little Momo


Valentine Inspired Looks is the theme for Project Run and Play week 4.  I initially had something else in my mind for the Valentine dress, but decided to finish what I had planned to do for the 1st week challenge that I did not complete.  The 1st week challenge was Party Dress remix.  When I saw this animal prints/hearts fabric at Jo-Ann, I just thought it was perfect for a sweet bubble dress and the Party Dress remix challenge.  And although the fabric is a part of their Valentine fabric collection, I thought this print can be worn before and beyond Valentine.


I sewed on little pink hearts buttons on the back.  I thought the large buttons would be distracting with the prints.

No sleeves, no collars...the simple Party Dress bodice is just what I needed for this dress.

I have made the Party Dress before ( here and here ), and knew it fit well on Momo.  Size 2T is just perfect on her right now, but I wanted this dress to be her Birthday dress and wanted to make sure it will not be too small in a month or so.  I used size 3T, and it is a little too big for her now.  But I am sure she will grow into it pretty soon.  
The hair clip is a simple yo-yo I made with the leftover fabric, with something shiny glued on.

I made the heart pillow last year for the Valentine photo.   This year I made the garlands and pompoms to use as the photo prop.

When I was making this dress for the 1st week challenge, I was going to make a fabric flower to attach to the sash.   But I changed that to a heart for this week's Valentine challenge.  Well...at least I tried to make a heart...does it look like a heart???

It is almost time for the Mardi Gras...Momo is getting ready for the party!







Linking up to those fun parties.
                                                     



25 comments:

  1. this is adorable party dress, annie!
    and the way she takes a pose.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! That fabric is darling, and I have to ask, where did you get those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ♥ this dress!! Little girls and bubble dresses equal cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love bubble dresses! She looks adorable, the fabric is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress is so cute, and so is Momo! I love the hair bow, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fabric, and the dress, and how you adapted it for the Valentines week. that heart puffy on front is fun and unexpected. Way to go Momma!
    with love
    -Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous dress, lovely princess shoes and sweet little girl!Love the photos.Love the color and fabric! Thanks so much for sharing.Would love to have you visit me sometime.
    Have a fabulous week!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just adorable, Annie!!! LOVE the heart on the sash and the fabric is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So lovely! The bubble skirt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute! I'm entering the sew along this week for the first time. I'm just working on the post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely dress! Very well done

    ReplyDelete
  12. great fabric and accessories!!! I love how your bubble skirt actually bubbles, is it just the nature of different fabrics, or is there a trick??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am no bubble skirt expert...but for this hearts bubble dress, I cut 2 pieces salvage to salvage for the main pieces. The lining pieces were about the half of the main and also 2 1/2 inches shorter than the main pieces. I guess you can play around with the sizing till you find what you like? I have made bubble skirts so far only with quilting cotton, and bubbles came out beautiful. Hope this helps you create a beautiful bubble dress!

      Delete
  13. Adorable dress and model! I'm sure she is loving all of her new dresses. Lucky girl! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable! It makes me wish I could sew! Thanks for sharing at Pinworthy Projects.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous! I kept meaning to come back and comment on this dress. It's really done well. Love the pouf of the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  16. that is a cute dress! Hopping over from creative Monday Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great dress, you did a wonderful job, wish I could make something as beautiful for my daughter :) Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Mondays...

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so beautiful!! And, she is a doll. thank you for sharing this at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  19. SO cute!! Perfect for Valentine's :)

    Thank you for linking up to Financial Friday at the Grant life! Im going to feature this Tuesday in my Valentine's roundup! Be sure to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. We featured you on our blog. Thanks for sewing along! http://shaffer-sisters.blogspot.com/2013/02/prp-sew-along-winter-2013.html
    With Love,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...