Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Green Monkey Dress for Little Momo

I don't usually celebrate St. Patrick's Day.  I do not wear green color, do St. Patrick's Day related crafts, or go get Shamrock milkshake from McDonald's.  But I had to get something green for my daughter this past Friday to wear to her school, so nobody would be pinching my dear child's cheeks ;)  OK, I did not believe teachers would actually pinch the kids' cheeks, but I just did not want her to be the only one not wearing green.  
The problem with this was...the color green.  I did not have any problems if the color she was supposed to wear was pink or purple, Momo has plenty of clothes with those colors.  But green...Momo did not have anything suitable to wear to the school.   And I remembered about the St. Patrick's Day celebration at her school the night before, so I needed something quick.    Something quick, like refashioning an adult T-shirt into a child's dress.

Here is a woman's T-shirt, I picked up from Target clearance last year.  Actually, it was Momo who picked this up.  I thought this could be cute as nightshirt for Momo, and completely forgotten about it till now.

I cut up the T-shirt into 4 pieces, front piece, back piece, and the sleeves.  Then cut them into Momo's size and put them back together.  I wanted to add the ruffle that matches to Julius's headband, but did not have red knit fabric.  So the color was reversed and I made white ruffle and attached red ribbon on top of it.
The dress ended up in very slim shape, because of the original T-shirt's size (XS) and the shape.  

I like the monkey's face is so big.  But I am not crazy about the dress...I think I may just cut it short and make it into a T-shirt...








Linking up to those fun parties.
                                                     



5 comments:

  1. Adorable! It really turned out well, and you clearly have a lot of patience to have made it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I see little black-haired girl on some link-party, I just know that is your Momo!
    She is well dressed, as usual, you did it fine. It migh be a nightgown later on, as you planned, you can always cut it when she grows up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's adorable! Thanks for sharing at Pinworthy Projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! My fave: the ruffle and the monkey image!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are theses are so sweet :) Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Mondays...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...