Monday, March 4, 2013

Tsumami Hair Accessories for Little Momo


What a February we had...we thought we just celebrated the Holidays, and then it was Mardi Gras, Valentine'd Day, Lunar New Year celebrations, and birthday celebrations... Our February was filled with events, and I was always doing something, whether planning, making something, or attending the events.
But I spend little time everyday last week after Momo went to sleep, to make those flower hair accessories.



March 3rd is Japanese Girl's Festival day.  I wanted a new hair accessory to wear with the kimono.  I referred to my Japanese craft book for how to make them.


Since this is a Spring occasion, I was planning to make cherry blossom flowers.  But after some practices, the flower petals were not turning out well...so I made the regular round petals.  
I have problems making the flower petals consistently in the same size.  I would cut the fabric in the same size, but they come out slightly in different sizes... because the fabric fray or I am not folding them exactly the same way.  Making them in larger size makes it easier,  but small flowers are really pretty if you can make them right.  But I did learn that, a pretty fabric will help take eyes off the imperfections ;)


I made those Hina dolls for the Girl's Festival celebration last year.  The fabric-made dolls are still the way to go for Momo.

Momo cannot help playing with the doll's yarn hair...

Momo wore this kimono last fall, and it was a little too big for her.  Now it fits her perfectly.  Our little girl is growing!  I thought the month of February passed so fast, but I am more amazed to see how fast Momo is growing.  This was a reminder for myself, that I should cherish the moment I have with Momo everyday.  Kids do grow fast, and they do not remain as the crazy little monkeys forever :)






Linking up to those fun parties.
                                                     



7 comments:

  1. well said, every moment is precious!
    great hair clip, greta kimono and dolls... beautiful as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right, Annie. Your little one will grow up SO, SO quickly. Exquisite hair accessories!!! They look like they'd be very fiddly to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post, it is amazing how fast they grow, my baby girl is nearly 8. Love your hairclips, you did a great job with them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful - I love it!

    Each week I host a link party at my site (www.easylivingmom.com) - it starts on Thursdays and goes all week. I would love it if you would be able to join and share this! Have a great day!

    -Angie
    www.easylivingmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is absolutely adorable! Love the hair bows. Thanks for sharing at Pinworthy Projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful hair clips! The dolls are very cute too :)

    I wanted to invite you to our Weekly Meet & Greet Blog Hop! It runs Friday nights till the end of Monday, come link up if you have some time :)

    http://createdbylaurie.blogspot.com/2013/03/weekend-meet-greet-blog-hop-17.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for linking up at Fluster's Creative Muster. Hope to see you next week!

    Robin @ Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...