Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Denim Pillowcase Dress for Little Momo



Every year around this time, we enjoy driving country roads looking for bluebonnet flowers.  Then we find some areas with good flower patch, get off the car, and take pictures.  That is just what Texans do...especially when you have little ones.
I love dressing up my daughter and taking her pictures.  For this year's bluebonnet photos, I wanted to add even more Texas feel to them...by dressing up Momo in a cowgirl hat and the boots.   Cowgirl hat, boots, and bluebonnet...how much more "Texas" can you get???



I needed a simple dress, something that will not stand out, because I did not want the dress to "speak loud" in the pictures.  So I made a simple pillowcase dress using denim.  Pillowcase dress is very simple, and there is sort of old-time sweetness to it.  And since I have been so busy lately, a pillowcase dress was all I could make at this time :)

I did not want typical bandanna prints associated with cowboy/girl images.  Instead I used gingham check ribbon to decorate the dress.  This ribbon is elastic and I got it from HobbyLobby long time ago, thinking to make a headband for Momo.  Well I never made a headband because Momo did not like to wear a headband.  Finally I got to use the ribbon here...I simply sewed them in 3 rows.


Momo was not happy when we decided to get off the car to take pictures.  So I did what I had to do...I gave her a bubble bottle.  Then she was a happy girl  :)

We got the hat when we visited Fort Bend when Momo was just 1-year-old.  At that time she HATED the hat.  Now she is 3 and since she has watched Toy Story movies, I tell Momo this is "Jessie Hat" and she is happy to wear it :)

Traces of the bubble water on Momo's dress...I think she had enough bubble fun at this point ;)

I think Momo ended up having fun, after blowing bubbles, running,  and sitting up on a tree.

I think Momo got annoyed with me, because I kept telling her not to step on the flowers.  I realized I have become one of those parents that keep saying "Don't do this, Don't do that" to their children.  I have heard using too much negative sentences affects children negatively, so I wanted to be careful with that.  Well in reality, it is so hard not to use the negative sentences!  Especially when your little one makes you repeat the same thing over and over...






Linking up to those fun parties.
                                                     



13 comments:

  1. How pretty! It looks darling on her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pillowcase dresses! Why have I never done one in denim?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make the cutest clothes for little Momo. She is one lucky little girl. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this dress, it's just a simple dress but it rocks!
    Tx for sharing!
    MammaNene (following you on GFC and bloglovin', now)

    SergerPepper.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  5. She looks adorable! I love the little ruffles. And that picture of Momo in the tree is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely adorable.....I have not seen denim pillowcases....so precious on your little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so cute and the pictures are great too! So natural. Your daughter rocked the dress.


    http://agutandabutt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful dress and pictures :) thanks for linking up with us at Creative Mondays ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely adorable! Your photos are sweet, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i loove it!
    i have a surprise for you:

    http://carpe-diem-anamb.blogspot.com/2013/04/liebster-blog-awards.html

    pls come over :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love her pillowcase dress and Annie, your pictures are gorgeous!! Thank you for sharing. You will be one of the features tomorrow at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your photographs are stunning! Such a pretty girl!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...