Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Ruffle Summer Top for Little Momo

My fabric de-stashing attempt continues...  I am especially trying to use up the cotton fabrics, which I tend to buy more because they come in so many cute prints!
These are organic cotton I bought about 2 years ago, just when I started sewing for my daughter.  I started dress-making with a pillowcase dress, and I had a pillowcase dress in my mind when I bought them, buying only 1/2 yard each.  I could still make a pillowcase dress with them, but I am always wanting to try something new. I felt like making ruffles, so I picked a very simple design that I could add ruffles to it.


The tutorial I used is: Pretty. Easy. Sundress -CRAFTINESS is not OPTIONAL.  This is another great step-by step tutorial with photos, my favorite kind of tutorial :)
Since I did not have enough fabric, I made a top instead of a dress.  I also added ruffles to the hem and button and ruffles decoration to the front.

I had an issue with sizing.  Before completing the top I quickly tried it on Momo, and I thought the sizing was fine.  Then after I finished everything and tried it on her again, I found the top was HUGE on her...I thought Momo had shrunk overnight \(◎o◎)/  Anyway I had to trim a couple of inches in the back, re-do the button hole and sew back the button.
I wish I had enough fabric to make it a little longer...I do not like it when her back shows.

The weather forecast was saying we had 80% chance of rain the next day, so I let Momo draw with chalk on our driveway.  And of course, it did NOT rain the next day...hubby joked we may get fined by HOA (we heard it happened in a small Texas town), and washed Momo's art off with a hose :)






Linking up to those fun parties.
                                                     



11 comments:

  1. She is growing up sooo fast!
    I enjoy seeing your newest creation, nice done, as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous! I love the shape of that dress...it's perfect! That little girl has an awesome wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! The top is gorgeous!! I loooove it! You are so creative with the ruffles. Was it hard to do the top ruffles? You have experience with them; I do not. :/ I really want to try doing ruffles. The top definitely looks very professional. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness gracious! That is so adorable! Just love you little girl. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I totally want your daughter's wardrobe. She is one lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the outfit :) Such lovely bright colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the colours, the fabric combinations and of course, the ruffles!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've featured your top today, Annie...
      http://www.threadingmyway.com/2013/08/threading-your-way-features_31.html

      Delete
  8. So cute! the buttons and fabric go together perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow it is so so sweet, beautiful pictures :)

    Thanks for linking up to Creative Mondays last week, featuring and pinned this week at the hop...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...