My fabric de-stashing attempt continues... I am especially trying to use up the cotton fabrics, which I tend to buy more because they come in so many cute prints!
These are organic cotton I bought about 2 years ago, just when I started sewing for my daughter. I started dress-making with a pillowcase dress, and I had a pillowcase dress in my mind when I bought them, buying only 1/2 yard each. I could still make a pillowcase dress with them, but I am always wanting to try something new. I felt like making ruffles, so I picked a very simple design that I could add ruffles to it.
Since I did not have enough fabric, I made a top instead of a dress. I also added ruffles to the hem and button and ruffles decoration to the front.
I had an issue with sizing. Before completing the top I quickly tried it on Momo, and I thought the sizing was fine. Then after I finished everything and tried it on her again, I found the top was HUGE on her...I thought Momo had shrunk overnight ＼(◎o◎)／ Anyway I had to trim a couple of inches in the back, re-do the button hole and sew back the button.
I wish I had enough fabric to make it a little longer...I do not like it when her back shows.
Linking up to those fun parties.