Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pink Plaid Flannel Dress for Little Momo

We have had some cool days even here in Texas.  I have been waiting for the cool air to arrive so I can make something using this pink flannel shirting I got last winter.  I bought the fabric to make a simple peasant dress, but never got around to it.  I still wanted to make an A-line dress, but I wanted to try something different.  




I made a dress using this tutorial: Gathered Button Dress -Craftiness is not Optional
This was a dress I have been meaning to make all summer, and now that summer is over I have made it using flannel shirting and longer sleeves.

The tutorials show you how to create your own patterns.  I have made the sleeves a little too wide, and I would like gathers on the sleeves, so adjustments are needed for the next one.

Overall this was a quicker project for me, and I am happy with how the dress turned out.  But of course there were few issues, as usual for my projects ;)
1. I had problems matching the plaids, and now I know the perfectly matched plaids are works of art.
2.  I placed the button closure in the back a little too low.  I had to attach an additional hook closure.

The tutorial shows you how to add elastic to the waist line.  I like how this adds shape to the dress, yet still very comfortable.

I could not get Momo to wear her black shoes to go with the dress...she loves her red shoes and now insists on wearing them every time we go out.  No, not even a cup of chocolate milk is enough for her to change her shoes...







Linking up to those fun parties.
                                                     



8 comments:

  1. What a little fashionista! I'd totally wear this dress:) I love the sleeves & the length. I've got to check out the tutorial- Sofie needs one now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like those buttons, nice touch! Great fabric to work with, but I belive it was hard to match the plaids. She looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute and looks so warm and cozy! I just bought some plaid material yesterday to make my daughter a warm dress for winter. I am worried about matching those plaids! I picked up a pattern to try, but I have not looked at it yet. Thanks for the link to the tutorial. I'll have to check it out too. I think her red shoes actually look pretty great in the picture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the style of this dress, Annie. I'll have to check out the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dress and fabric, what a great combo! Mine has a pair of red shoes of a very similar style she insist on wearing with everything, only hers are also glitter (think Dorothy) so you know, could be that? haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a lovely dress and, you know, plaid are all the rage right now!
    Just one thing: I'm sure it's not your fault but the tute link isn't working :(
    Hugs,
    MammaNene @ SergerPepper.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great dress Annie, love the fabric :)

    Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Featuring and pinning this week at the hop, thanks so much for sharing ...

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...