Thursday, March 13, 2014

DIY Felt Crown

It has been more than a month since my last post.  Besides my kid and day job have been keeping me extra busy, I have been having eye problems and forced to stay away from sewing and computer...

And other reasons I have been busy are because of all the events...
Like Mardi Gras (of course on the family day)...
I made this Mardi Gras Tutu last year.  Momo wore it as a dress last year, but is is a skirt this year.  Boy, she is growing!

And the Girls' Festival...It is a Japanese festival to celebrate girls.  Little more about it and those dolls I made 2 years ago here.

Then the biggest event of all...
Momo's big 4th Birthday!!!

My little girl is 4! And she insists on being called a "Big Girl" :)

We had a small party for her at home.  Momo was so set on having a Frozen birthday party, but them changed her mind a week before her birthday and wanted to have My Little Pony party instead.   It was kind of a mess planning this party, because everything kept changing...date, place, guests, and the theme... I am not big on throwing parties, but it was worth having it becaue Momo LOVED it!
Jump and grab the balloon!

The night before her birthday, I realized the birthday girl did not have the birthday hat. I thought about making a cone hat, but this is a princess girl...she needed a birthday crown!  I needed something quick and easy.  Luckily I had everything I needed...felt, elastic, and trims.

So here is what I did to make the felt crown:
Cut out the 2 felt pieces n desired crown shape.  For reference my pink crown is about 9-inch width.  The yellow one is about 8-inch width.
Sew 2 pieces of felt together, with elastic piece sandwiched inside,  Leave a small opening to turn right side out.  For reference, my elastic is about 9-inch long.  
After hand-sewing the opening, decorate the crown with whatever you want...felt cut-outs, pompoms, ric-rac, ribbon, buttons...  I hot-glued everything,




Momo loved her birthday crown, so I made her this yellow one.  Those pompoms on the crown are her favorites.   Now she can be a princess anytime she wants...not that she needs a crown to be a princess ;)





Linking up to those fun parties.
                                                     



6 comments:

  1. You are so creative, Annie!!! No wonder Momo loves both her crowns. I do hope your eye problems disappear soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea and I am so impressed with all that you share here on your blog!! I am thinking one of these would be great for my granddaughter's 5th Birthday!! Thank you so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww I have missed you, hope you eye is ok now. Great crown it is so sweet, hope Momo had an amazing birthday :) Thanks for linking up to Creative Mondays....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this...it is very cute! My girls would love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice to hear from you again! Happy bday to your big girl :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...