Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Bat Girl Costume for Little Momo

Few weeks ago we had a Batman photo opp, and I could not help myself making Momo a new costume...


Momo has become the BAT GIRL!!!
She can fly like a bat!
She is very strong!

I am having too much fun with those pictures ;)

The shirt and the tutu are store-bought.  I needed something in black, and those are all Momo had.  I did not plan it, but I am loving the polka-dot superhero :)

The mask was made using this template: DIY Batman Mask,  and the size was just perfect for Momo.   I was going to use a foam sheet for the mask as the tutorial suggests, but I went to Jo-Ann's and started to look at the fabrics first, I forgot about buying the foam sheet completely  ;o
So I made the mask using the black felt I had at home.  I only had the black felt with glitters, but turned out black glitter felt makes very cute mask for the bat girl  :)

I have seen superhero capes made with felt, and I liked that idea because it cut down sewing time.  This was needed to be a quick project, as I did not have hours to spend on sewing.   I went with fleece, because I thought fleece would drapes better than felt.   I got 1 yard of the cheapest fleece, since the better quality fleece is heavier.  I put the fleece around Momo and cut it into cape-shape.  I used yellow cotton I had in my stash and appliqued the batman logo.  Ribbon at the neck would have been cuter, but I went with Velcro because I wanted Momo to be able to wear this anytime on her own.

Momo has never seen any superhero movies, but she is aware of the characters.  I let her listen to the Batman theme song, and that put her in a mood to pose as the Bat Girl!





Linking up to those fun parties.
                                                     



10 comments:

  1. I love it Annie!! Not sure if you knew, but I'm a big batman fan!! But now I like Batgirl even better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! my girls love super heroes also even though they have never seen a show or read a book about them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! I love the glitter felt for the mask. Great costume.

    ReplyDelete
  4. she is great :)
    love your idea of quick costume!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome, Annie!!! I didn't know you could get glitter felt... perfect for the mask and fleece was a good choice for the cape.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing costume! How fun Batgirl!!!
    Hope you have a wonderful day and rest of week!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So great! She's a happy little girl. The mask turned out so cute with the felt and glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww great bat girl, lovely pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annie, just to let you know I will be featuring your post later on Creative Mondays, thanks so much for sharing ...

      Delete
  9. So cute! I've said it before but I'll say it again little Momo is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...