Thursday, May 15, 2014

Minnie Circle Skirt for Little Momo


Momo's latest Disney costume (sort of) is ...Minnie Mouse!

I had just one yard of this Minnie Mouse polka dots in my stash, so I chose to make another twirly skirt for Momo.    This time, I made a circle skirt!

The circle skirt has been on my to-sew list for a while.  I have been avoiding it...because sewing the elastic directly onto the skirt, instead of inserting it into the casing kind of intimidated me.   But I thought it was about time I try it...and I am glad I did!  It was not really that hard!  I followed this famous circle skirt tutorial: Tutorial: The Circle Skirt -MADE

Minnie seems to be dressed in pink polka dots these days, but I like the classic red.  I feel it is more "Minnie!"

I cut the biggest circle I could cut out of the 1 yard I had.  I do not like the skirt to be too short on my daughter, and I think this length is just perfect.

Momo has went through "dresses only" stage and now entered "twirly skirts only" stage.  So she was quite happy to wear this skirt and dress like her pal, Minnie.
Spin, little girl...

...and more spin :)

I am a VERY slow sewer, but this skirt came out fairly quick.  I used rolled hem foot so there was no tedious ironing for the hem.  Now I am going through my stash to see which 1-yard fabric needs to be made into a circle skirt...





Linking up to those fun parties.
                                                     



12 comments:

  1. I love elastic waistbands with no casing! Looks like you used the thinner, really stretchy kind which is nicer to work with too. It's hard work pleasing opinionated little girls, but you are doing a wonderful job!
    P.S. I need a rolled hem foot!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply adorable!! It is sweet how much she enjoys her new skirt. Blessings, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with this skirt! I want to wear one! I am going to feature this on the Blissful and Domestic facebook page. Thanks for linking up to the Feature Friday Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soo cute! I would love it if you joined and contribute your awesome posts at my link party at City of Creative Dreams on Fridays :D Hope to see you there at City of Creative Dreams Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never made circle skirt without the casing so far. You did great job, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a great pattern, isn't it, with just the right amount of twirl factor. Looks gorgeous in the red polka dot and I'm with you, red for Minnie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww beautiful skirt Annie, so sweet :)
    Red polka dots are my all time favourite pattern :)

    Thanks for sharing over at Creative Mondays...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annie, just to let you know I am featuring and pinning this week over at Creative Mondays :)

      Thanks again for sharing...

      Delete
  8. Wow!!! So adorable!! I love the skirt and all details about the outfit. Lovely pics! Thanks for sharing!
    Have a wonderful week!
    Hugs from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, I can't believe how much I want to make one grown up sized for me. I'd love to be able to twirl like that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG my girls would go nuts over this!! How fun!! If you have a moment I would LOVE for you to link this up to my weekly beauty party Monday Morning Madness Party. Please and Thank You
    -Kat
    www {dot} confessionsoftheperfectmom {dot} com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fabulous! You're featured this on Inspire Us Thursday today! Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...