Here is my first Caroline Party Dress I sewed last month.
This was supposed to be a test-sew, so I did not try to math the print. I guess I should have paid more attention and at least tried to align the print in the bodice ;o
I replaced the gathered skirt with a circle skirt. I cut out the circle skirt, pinned to the bodice and adjusted to the bodice's waist size. The excess was cut off from the skirt piece, thus the seam in the back of the skirt.
This fabric is a quilting cotton from Jo-Ann. It is the same print I used for the Patriotic Twirly Dress. The chrysanthemum looked like fireworks and I loved it for the patriotic dress, but in this dress I am thinking the flowers look like huge dots. I love dots in summer. Every year when summer comes, I just crave for dots.
After finishing this dress, I have already sewed another one, which I will share soon. I am a little disorganized now. My sewing room, which used to be a study, is a huge mess. Fabrics are lying around everywhere, so now I am officially claiming the room a "sewing room," while Momo calls it "Mommy's room." I have several projects I have started and yet finished, and several more projects in my mind. I used to be such a neat person, I do not know what has happened to me...
Linking up to those fun parties.