Sunday, February 15, 2015

Mademoiselle Tee Dress for Little Momo

February's challenge at Project Run & Play is a T-shirt challenge.   The challenge is to sew  Mademoiselle Muscle Tee pattern as you like.  When this was announced, I immediately knew what I wanted to do.

 Of course this had to be a dress for Momo... and with a T-shirt pattern, it was easy to do so.  With a challenge like this, I like to keep the original features.  In this case, wide bindings and sleeveless, straight shape of the tee.  I simply added ruffle skirt to make it into a dress.
I looked at the pattern and noticed the shirt had a generous length.  I cut off about 3 inches to make it good for a drop-waist dress for Momo.  The two tiered ruffle skirt was  made just like the giraffe dress, a dress I made last year for another Project Run & Play sew-along.
I trimmed 1 inch off from both front and back bodice centers.  But when I tired the top on Momo, the neckline was still too wide and it created an odd gap.  Fortunately I had enough fabric for re-do. I made the neckline a bit higher the second time.   The fabric is a knit I bought from Hobby Lobby a while ago.
I planned to take Momo's photos posed with some props, but apparently the dress makes her want to dance... She LOVES the dress!  Pink and ruffles could not go wrong ;)  Momo started to sing and dance as soon as she put it on.  
She started to sing about princess and dragon and spell...and the photo shoot ended with her singing "Let It Go."  Whatever makes her happy ;)

Just like the original Mademoiselle Muscle Tee was made for school wear, I wanted this dress to be comfortable enough for Momo to wear to the school.  Seeing how much she loves the knit dress, I am thinking I must sew more with knits.
Momo insisted on wearing the dress next day for the Mardi Gras parade (it was a family-friendly parade day).  So she did not wear the Mardi Gras tutu this year, but she still caught soooo many beads ;)







Linking up to those fun parties.
                                                     



15 comments:

  1. Cute dress! I love the polka dots and the ruffles!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ The Submarine Sunday Link Party

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! And I still remember that giraffe dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous dress! I love the bright color and bold polka dots. Win!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such as weet dress Annie, love the fabric. Polka dots are mine and my daughters favourites :)

    Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays....

    ReplyDelete
  5. nope, one cannot go wrong using pink and ruffles when sewing for a girl :) Cute and comfy dress - perfect for school!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The drop-waist looks great with the ruffles--what a fun dress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great dress, I need to try those ruffles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely dress! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the dress! Drop waist + ruffles = lovely! I had fun with this PRP challenge too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ruffles and polkadots?!?! SOLD! I love both things =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're onto a winner there, Annie!!! It has the twirl factor and will be super comfy in knit fabric.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...