Sunday, March 15, 2015

Navy Peasant Dress for Me!

Here is another sewing project I finished before the selfish sewing week is over...
 The last project was not perfect, as it had a fitting issue.  I wanted a quick and easy project that would make me feel better about my sewing and body.  So a peasant dress it is!  I love that a peasant dress has no darts, zipper, or buttons...and I can just use elastics to adjust the fitting.  Actually this was a project I started last year before winter.  I cut out the fabric but this project was put on hold as I got busy with projects for Momo and started a battle with my very first serger.  Since the pieces were already cut out, it was rather quick to finish this dress.
I used Mccall's M5050 pattern.  I used this pattern for my Halloween costume last year, so I knew it runs large.  I cut XS and cut the length as long as I could with the 2 yard of fabric I had.  I wish I had bought just a little more fabric, because I rather have my dress a little longer.  
I got this polyester fabric from Hobby Lobby last year.  I liked the Navy and orange color combination, and I was calling this dress as my butterfly dress...till I completed the dress and looked at  the fabric more carefully.  They are not really butterflies...are they???   They look more like 2 leaves overlapped together ;o
While I wish the dress was a bit longer, I do love the dress.  It is very light weight and comfortable.

I also wanted the photo shoot to be quick.  I took the photos myself in the previous project, but it took more time than I expected.  So I asked my little helper to help this time....those photos were taken by Momo using my point-and-shoot camera.
Here is the proof that Momo was the photographer.  She handed me those 2 leaves and actually made me pose this way ;o
Well she was happy to help.  It must have been fun for her to be in charge ;)







Linking up to those fun parties.
                                                     



6 comments:

  1. Lovely creation! It fits you perfectly! Fun photos and sweet photographer! I also love Momo dress!
    Have a wonderful week!
    Hugs and love from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really beautiful, I would like a dress like that too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the print, it's unique:) and Mo's little dress is adorable too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute dress and photographer. You look lovely and ready for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute dress and photographer. You look lovely and ready for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another outfit I'd like to make for myself, Annie. Well done taking photos of yourself in the previous post. Momo's done a great job for this one.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...