The pattern I used is New Look 6557. I thought adjusting the chest size would be easy with the design. Also liked that I could use woven fabric with this pattern, since most of my stash fabrics are woven.
I sewed this first version without any chest adjustment, and pleasantly surprised big adjustment was not needed... I pulled the shoulder straps short and that is pretty much all I did for my flat chest. Not the best fit for me, but works.
I bought the fabric from Hancock Fabrics last year. I was not crazy about the print, but really loved this jade green and purple combination. And the price was right...end of the bolts sale :) The fabric looks like linen, but it is not...seems to be polyester mix, because it does not get wrinkled. But it is a bit stiff, so I thought it would look better in maxi length, rather than the mid-length flare skirt as in the original pattern design. I traced another maxi dress that fits me well to cut the skirt pieces, tried it on, then realized this fabric really does not look flattering in flare volume. I trimmed the width and tried the skirt several times until I felt it looked OK. I cannot walk in big steps like I normally do wearing this, but that is okay as long as I do not have to chase Momo :p
Also where the shoulder straps are sewn in the back seem too wide apart for me. I want to move them closer, and also will try widening the straps next time, so I will not have to wear uncomfortable strapless bra...
The pictures were again taken by Momo. She is trying out a new compact camera we just got. I am not happy with the blurry pictures, but I think it is the camera to be blamed, not Momo...
I did found one good thing about having a 5-year-old-photographer. Due to the angle she takes from her height, my legs look longer in the pictures! :D
Momo loves to play in the garden...she collects leaves and rocks, then pretend to cook with them.
Linking up to those fun parties.