Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Poppy Halter Dress for Little Momo

A new summer dress for Momo...Halter dress in poppy print!
So the dress I made last month for Momo was in poppy flower print too.  It is just a coincidence that she picked another poppy flower print out of my stash ;)
It's a very light-weight cotton fabric, and it screamed to be made into a summer dress. I knew just the perfect pattern to try out: Girl's Halter Top Sundress Tutorial by sewVery

Momo is quite happy that this dress came with a circle skirt!

The tutorial is very good.  It is detailed and comes with photographs.  It was pretty easy to follow, and only issues I encountered was related to sizing.  But that is because Momo is slim, and because I used the measurement for size 5T provided in the tutorial mixed with sleeve and skirt patterns I already had.   It took me some time matching up the top and skirt, but I say this was still an easy sew..

The original design does not have linings.  I added lining to the front top, as I was using very light-weight fabric.  So the neck casing was made between the main fabric and lining, and side seems were tucked between as well to make the inside clean.  The tutorial recommends 3 or 4 rows of shirring on the back; I added 5 rows because I could tell it was going to be a loose fit on Momo.   After everything was done, it was still too loose on Momo and I had to take in sides, messing up the clean inside I was going for.  Oh well.
I liked how the bias tape hemming added just the right amount of details to the original dress, so I did the same thing to mine.

"No more pictures!"

Not a very good photo-shoot day... I tried to take quick pics during our vacation, but Momo could not wait to be done ;o  Can't blame her...back to margaritas and smoothies... :)




Happy Summer!









4 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful dress! I love the colours a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how grown up she looks. Beautiful dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You managed to get a few great shots on a not good photo day :) The dress looks lovely. The colours scream summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poppies are my favorite! It looks lovely and cool and a circle skirt is oh so fun!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...