Momo's princess stage seems to be over. This year she is really excited to be Sally from Nightmare before Christmas! It is our favorite Halloween movie :)
This dress is based on Sally Dress pattern.
The pattern name is just a coincidence...I have sewn it several times before, and I knew it would work with just a few modifications.
I skipped the skirt and extended the bodice to make it an A-line dress.
The front square neckline was changed to V-shape.
The bodice is lined. That was needed so that those patchwork seams can be hidden in between.
This dress pattern requires no zipper or button holes. This was good since I have not been sewing for over a year!
The fabrics are mix of woven cotton, synthetic, and knit. They are all from stash and scraps. The mustard yellow one is synthetic, so it was perfect for those zigzag hem. I could just seal them by burning a bit.
I used fabric marker and paint to add the patterns.
Black embroidery floss was used for those fake stitches.
The wig is based on Yarn Wigs tutorial from MADE.
I am pretty happy with the dress, especially since I used the scraps, as the rag doll Sally dress should be made of! Even the lining was cut from an old bed sheet.
Momo being Sally meant I had to be Jack. I gave in and bought a store costume. I did not have time to make one, and making a jacket that fits me would have been very challenging.
Recreating the kissing scene...
Happy Halloween :)