Monday, August 14, 2017

Sewing for Skirting The Issue

My contributions to Skirting The Issues...

Details about the Skirting The Issue:


I did not get to sew for it last year, but this year I had a full intention to sew some skirts. Well I did have the intention, but before I got around to sew anything, it was already the last weekend before the deadline. I found myself having few hours on Friday night to myself, that was my only chance to sew.  During the events various skirt patterns and tutorials are offered, and there was one I really wanted to try.  But I knew trying out something new was probably not the best idea,since I am very slow at sewing...well everything....cutting, sewing, and ironing ;o 
I read that they are accepting pillowcases this year, so I decided to go with that.
Both fabrics are from my stash.  Skirting The Issue is a great chance for using up the stash!
I used this tutorial for the pillowcases since it comes with cutting dimensions and everything!:
DIY Bed Pillow Cases: 3 sizes and 3 different styles (including the “burrito” method)

After making a pillowcase, I still had some leftover from the white/brown flower print.  It was not enough for another pillow case, so I cutout the largest rectangular I could cut and made a simple gathered skirt.
I did not follow any specific tutorials for this, but there are many available out there.  I made the rectangular into tube, then made the elastic casing and finished the hem.  Following the size chart from the Skirting The Issue, this is supposed to be size 10.

I always wish I could have done more, but at least I actually sewed something this year,so that's better than nothing ;)

If nothing happens, I will have time to sew back-to-school outfit for Momo next weekend.  But things always come up,so we will see...


  1. A little here, a little there, it all adds up :)

  2. What Pam and Jenya said! Every little bit counts and adds up. Thank you so much for sewing along with us!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...